December 4, 2022
To get know Who is Winner in MCD Election? Here are some actual fact and figure which is proved that the winner of MCD Election in Delhi. Municipal Election in Delhi Congress leader Ajay Maken was among the few top leaders who voted early this morning. He said people should vote for those candidates who will be available after polling. BJP’s Parvesh Verma claimed that his party will win 210 of 250 wards.
What Delhi CM Said for MCD Election?
Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal has appealed to people to vote for a corruption-free government in the city. Voting for the high-stakes Municipal Corporation of Delhi. Kejriwal asked the voters not to vote for parties that indulge in corruption and hooliganism. Sisodia said BJP has failed in 15 years of its rule in MCD.
Today’s Voting 04-12-2022 (Sunday)
Delhi is witnessing the crucial Municipal Corporation of Delhi elections today, Sunday, December 4, a three-way race between Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), Aam Aadmi Party (AAP), and Congress. Around 1.4 crore eligible voters from 250 wards will get a chance to cast their votes in the crucial civil polls here. The voting for the polls has begun at 8am today and will end at 5:30 pm. The counting of the votes will be done 7 December.
All the poll officials and security forces are prepared for the elections in the national capital today. Delhi State Election Commission has set up 13,638 polling stations for the civic body polls.
The BJP, AAP, and Congress are taking on each other to govern the city, which has been with the saffron party for the last 15 years. So far, the contest was bipolar between Congress and BJP. However, this time, the AAP’s entry has made the contest three-way. Among the issues that dominated the political campaign were corruption, health infrastructure, and cleanliness.
AAP vs BJP Today In Delhi’s First Civic Polls 10 Facts
- Delhi MCD election: The BJP has not formed the Delhi state government in the past 24 years, its control over MCD has been strong through Congress and AAP’s state governments.
- Garbage collection and landfills have emerged as the biggest issue in the three-way fight between the city’s ruling Aam Aadmi Party (AAP), the BJP – which currently controls the MCD – and the Congress.
- Voting began at 8 am and ended at 5:30 pm. The voter turnout till 4 pm was 45 per cent. The results will be out on Wednesday.
- Voters at several polling booths across the city complained that they could not vote as their names were missing from the electoral list. Others expressed frustration at being directed to different voting centres several times.
- The election comes soon after the three divisions of the MCD were united, and city districts were redrawn.
Over 1,300 candidates are in the contest for 250 municipal seats.
- Though the BJP has not won any assembly election in Delhi in 24 years, the party has managed to hold on to the MCD for 15 years.
- Even after the AAP won a record 67 of the 70 seats in the 2015 Assembly polls, the BJP, two years later, retained the civic body by winning 181 of its 272 seats. AAP was second with 48 and Congress third with 30.
- This time, the BJP got Prime Minister Narendra Modi, union ministers led by Amit Shah, besides party chief JP Nadda and several chief ministers to campaign for it, accusing the AAP of corruption.
- Arvind Kejriwal’s AAP said the BJP had completely failed to address the city’s sanitation crisis and tackle the growing landfills.
- The Delhi civic body is one of three poll battles being fought in parallel over the last couple of months – the others being assembly elections in Himachal Pradesh and PM Modi’s home state Gujarat, where too the BJP is in power.
Breaking News | Delhi MCD Election 2022 December | Delhi MCD Election Voting | MCD Election
Delhi Many complain name left out of voter list –
- People in North-East Delhi and several other areas complained that their names were not mentioned in the voter list, a PTI report said
- Delhi Congress president Anil Chaudhary was among those who could not vote after
- their name was missing from the list.
- BJP’s Manoj Tiwari alleged that the names of several hundred voters were
- deleted in Maujpur and Yamuna Vihar areas in his North East Delhi constituency.
- He alleged AAP was behind it and said he has lodged a complaint with the State Election Commissioner.
- The reported also cited instances of people complaining in places like Bhajanpura, Krishna Nagar and Dwarka
MCD Election in Delhi Who is Winner? Let’s See on 07-12-2022 Keep Updating Your Self